Installation folders

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Malcolm

Installation folders

Post by Malcolm »

Hi

Can I ask if you will consider using separate folders for source and binary files for full source installations?

I find that because I install under Program Files, I have to copy your binary files to a 'bin' folder then adjust my Library path so that the source is not on my Library path. Otherwise I have to mess with folder permissions or run the IDE As Administrator to avoid compile/build errors.

Or am I doing things the wrong way?

If I want to rebuild the source, then that is another matter and running As Admin is fair enough.

Malcolm
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

You may consider installing TsiLang not into Program Files folder at all. Anyway, we will try to improve this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thank you for considering this.

You are not the only component supplier that mixes source and binary files. :)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Actually, they're not mixed. :) :wink: Binary files are placed under respective sub-folders. And when re-building projects, usually, output path for DCUs are defined on project level, so Program Files folder remains untouched.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OK, so am I doing something wrong when installing?

For example, my XE8 installation gives me: C:\Program Files\SiComponents\TsiLang\Units and in that I see many .pas files and also the matching .dcu files.

I do have the Units folder in my Library path. Is that my mistake?
I also have the Auxilary folder in my Library path. It too has both .pas and .dcu files

But I see that the ERS XE8 folder contains folders for the supported OS systems and they do not contain .pas files.

So which folder(s) should I have in my Library path?
Same question for Browsing path.
I develop for Win32 and Android.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

You can use you Library Path as it is but just adjust the DCU Output setting in your Project's Options. For example set it to DCU\{Platform} and once you rebuild your project IDE will place DCU files into this folder instead of Program Files. By default if you don't specify output for DCU files IDE places them into the same folder where PAS files.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.