SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UTF8 SIL file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anagnostes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: UTF8 SIL file Reply with quote

I have a SIL file created with TsiLang Files Editor 7.1.1.0. This file is a SIL file exported from a delphi project.

I have this languages in it: Catalan/Spanish/English/Chinese in ANSI. So because Chinese can't be ANSI i have to convert it to UTF-8.

So i have a SIL ANSI version and a SIL UTF8 version. Until here i have no problems.

But when i go to delphi 2010 with SiLang 6.5.2, then i open TsiLang Expert (VCL Edition) and i try to File -> Save/Load translation -> Load Selected Forms, then i choose the UTF8 file all texts desapers from all the properties. But when i choose the ANSI file all works ok except chinese characters as expected.

So I can't load the UTF-8 file but I can with the ANSI file. Seems something is happening with the Encoding. Anyone know what can i try?
anagnostes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found it.

When in the region [Language names - for internal use only!] there is a Language with not ANSI characters the SIL does not work because it is mistranslated from ANSI to UTF8.

Now i'll test it with all the project, but i think this is the mistake. So probably there is a bug in the TsiLang Files Editor when it generates Language names. I'll post it later.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Could you please send us sample SIL file with this problem and we will test this on our side as well?
anagnostes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do i send it?

Thank you
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send it to: support at sicomponents dot com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: