UTF8 SIL file

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
anagnostes

UTF8 SIL file

Post by anagnostes »

I have a SIL file created with TsiLang Files Editor 7.1.1.0. This file is a SIL file exported from a delphi project.

I have this languages in it: Catalan/Spanish/English/Chinese in ANSI. So because Chinese can't be ANSI i have to convert it to UTF-8.

So i have a SIL ANSI version and a SIL UTF8 version. Until here i have no problems.

But when i go to delphi 2010 with SiLang 6.5.2, then i open TsiLang Expert (VCL Edition) and i try to File -> Save/Load translation -> Load Selected Forms, then i choose the UTF8 file all texts desapers from all the properties. But when i choose the ANSI file all works ok except chinese characters as expected.

So I can't load the UTF-8 file but I can with the ANSI file. Seems something is happening with the Encoding. Anyone know what can i try?
anagnostes

Post by anagnostes »

I think I've found it.

When in the region [Language names - for internal use only!] there is a Language with not ANSI characters the SIL does not work because it is mistranslated from ANSI to UTF8.

Now i'll test it with all the project, but i think this is the mistake. So probably there is a bug in the TsiLang Files Editor when it generates Language names. I'll post it later.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Could you please send us sample SIL file with this problem and we will test this on our side as well?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
anagnostes

Post by anagnostes »

Where do i send it?

Thank you
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Please send it to: support at sicomponents dot com
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.