once more - Chinese and ??

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Hydrokephalos

once more - Chinese and ??

Post by Hydrokephalos »

Hi you all,

I don't like to bother you with this, and may be there has been posted a solution, but then I couldn't find it.

I have Traditional Chinese translations and I have a dictionary. Importing translations to the dictionary from an excel file works fine and all is shown correct.

When I go to my translation editor, mark a cell an make "Get Translation", I geht ?? - rubbish; not always, but often. Sometimes the translation contains only ???, sometimes some chinese charakters with some ??, often is the last chinese charakter replaced by a ?

My charset is CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET, my font is Tahoma. I have tried Arial Unicode MS as well but this didn't help.

I've tried to copy the content of a cell from the dictionary via copy 'n paste, this did not work. Copying chinese cells from one cell into an other cell in the dictionary works fine, but copying into a cell in translation editor shows some or all chinese charakters as ?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much and kind regards

Hydro
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Can you send us sample DIC file and sample unit source that reproduces this problem? Then it will be much easier to detect the origin of problem for us.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Hydrokephalos

a sample

Post by Hydrokephalos »

Hi Igor,

I will send you my original DIC. The project is a little too big to be sent, so I will make a little extraction, which will not make much sense but show the problem. I will send it to support _at_ sicomponents _dot_ com.

Kind regards

Hydro
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Hydrokephalos

now it works....

Post by Hydrokephalos »

Hello Igor,

thank you for your help. GB2312_CHARSET with Font Tahoma works fine.

Kind regards

Thomas Fritsch