Problem when using Delphi XE2

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pdpearce

Problem when using Delphi XE2

Post by pdpearce »

Hi,

I have a system running Windows 7 64-bit pro which has both Delphi 2007 and Delphi XE2 installed.

When translating, the D2007 works just fine but XE2 just gives the message 'Make sure the Dictionary Manager is properly installed'. I have unistalled then installed TsiLang with the same results.

I know I'm probably missing the obvious but would appreciated any help you can give.

Using latest TsiLang component set (6.5.4.5)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Do you have this error if you try to access Dictionary Manager from SIL Editor (after exporting translations to SIL/SIB files)?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pdpearce

Post by pdpearce »

When using the SILeditor directly from the Start menu, the Dictionary manager works as expected.
When trying to translate from within XE2 the error message box still appears. (Delphi XE2 with Update 4)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It looks like somehow an registry entry and user access rights problem. Could you please try the following: download the stand-alone Dictionary Manager setup from our web site and install it on your PC. May be this will resolve it.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pdpearce

Post by pdpearce »

Thank you for your help.

Downloaded and installed stand-alone Dictionary Manager setup.
Rebooted pc.
Still gives error message when run from within XE2. :(
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

This error appear only when a call to CreateOleObject() failed. This might be some kind of user access rights issue or so.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.