SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interface not supported error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> VCL Scheduling Agent
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tj_asher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Interface not supported error Reply with quote

Hello,

Trying to update an app from the old version of VCL Scheduling Agent to version 2.0.7.

We use code VERY similar to the sample TTaskWizard.pas.

In the TNewTaskWizard.GoForward procedure when we get to these lines:

Trigger.Details := TriggerDetails;
FTask.Triggers.UpdateTriggers;

The program errors with an "Interface Not Supported" message when we call the "FTask.Triggers.UpdateTriggers" line. After that error dialog the program quits.

I cannot see any difference in code between the sample and our program.

It does not matter what type of task we create, it always fails at the same spot.

Any ideas why the sample program works and ours would error?
tj_asher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Followup Reply with quote

I have tracked the specific error to this line (and the similar line in all the SetTrigger procedures) in the saTask.pas file:

iWeek := FInterfaceVista as IWeeklyTrigger;

I still have no idea why this works in the Demo app and not our app.
tj_asher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Figured out issue Reply with quote

OK,

I finally figured out the problem.

Our old program did not specifically set the UseTaskScheduler1Only variable to TRUE and because of that we were trying to update tasks with Vista style tasks when the tasks were not originally set up to be that style.

Setting this variable to TRUE causes the code to execute on the old path in the UpdateTriggers event instead of the new Vista style tasks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> VCL Scheduling Agent All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: