SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing Excel-File for whole Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ix07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Importing Excel-File for whole Project Reply with quote

Hi.

I am having some trouble importing a translated excel-table, maybe you can assist?

I saved all strings for my project using "Save/LoadTranlsation/Save Project" (using the TsiLang-Expert) to a ".SIL" file. After that I opened that file in the external SIL-Editor and exported them as an Excel-file. That file was translated by a professional translation-company and returned to me. Now I am trying to reimport that file, but unfortunately all russian characters appear either as "???" or as some garbage - regardless of my setting for the charset (I tried DEFAULT_CHARSET & RUSSIAN_CHARSET). The characters appear correctly in the excel-file.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Regards
Eike Petersen
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the latest version of SIL Editor? If yes, could you please send us this Excel file for testing?
ix07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent you an email with the file. Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sending the file.
Just add RUSSIAN_CHARSET and Tahoma for the Russian language under Default Fonts settings. And the file should be imported properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: