Problems with loading from SIB files

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Logan Moodley

Post by Logan Moodley »

Hi all

I recently downloaded the latest update for TsiLang Component Suite (version 5.2.4). I was particularly impressed with the addition of the 'sib' format. After deciding to implement this I encountered some errors.

My previous implemention (loading from SIL files - at run-time) was handled by specifying the 'ActiveLanguage' or 'Language' of the 'LanguageDispatcher' and then specifying the 'FileName' of the SIL file from which the 'LanguageDispatcher' would load the translated strings. I'm not sure if this solution was the most optimal but it does work. What solution can I use to load strings from a SIB file.

I tried specifying the 'StorageFile' and even 'LoadAllFromBinaryFile' for the TsiLangRT Component but this results in an error ' Exception EReadError in module xxx.exe at xxxx. Error reading TsiLangRT1.TranslationData: Property does not exist'. Could this occur as a result of incorrect installation.

Please Help

[/b]
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, it looks like your installation of latest version wasn't correct. Please delete ALL DCU (and OBJ HPP in case C++Builder usage) from TsiLang units folder and re-build your project.
Logan Moodley

Post by Logan Moodley »

Hi again,

Firstly, I'm extremely impressed with the speedy response to my message. It surprises me sometimes how we forget simple tasks like checking library paths in our IDE's. Thanks for your assistance in that regard.

I am also very impressed with the performance of the SIB file as opposed to the SIL when loading my application, as well as other improvements and enhancements made to the TsiLang Component Suite. Congratulations on a splendid product.

Kind Regards
Logan