TsiLang Expert in a large project

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Gargelkarg

TsiLang Expert in a large project

Post by Gargelkarg »

Hi,

I'm strugle using TsiLang Component Suit in a large Delphi Projekt (roundabout 500 Forms, Datamoduls and Frames).

The enviroment is Delphi 6 (with all available updates and patches) and TsiLang Compoments Suite Version 6.5.4.1

I have one datamodule with a TsiLang and a TsiLangDispatcher Component. For all datamodules, forms and frames in the project there is one base class each and they all inherited from thoose base classes. One the base classes there is one TsiLangLinked Componed which is linked to the TsiLangDispatcher.

If I open the TsiLang Expert it shows me alle the units. For some of them the column TsiLang shows the used TsiLangLinked, for all the rest it's empty. The column Languages shows for some of them 3 (correct number of laguages) and for some only 1. If I open a unit the Languages column is updated to the correct number of 3.
I understand that the unit must be open that TsiLang Expert can evaluate the used Components and determine the number of languages. But I have the following questions:

1. Where comes the wrong number of languages from, before I open a unit?
2. How do I get an complete project file I can save? Do I have to open all (500) units manually?
a. What's the best way to combine two languages files e.g. if I add a new Form and just want to add this translation data.

Appreciate any help.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
1. When forms are inherited DFM file doesn't contain the information about actual number of languages used, so expert unable to detect this. But when you open the unit it updates this.
2. Just use expert's menu File-Save/Load and seleft Save Project. This will save the file for whole project.
3. When you add new forms just save them into the same file and it will be updated with new data.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Gargelkarg

Post by Gargelkarg »

Thank's for the very quick reply.

To 1. Ok, I understand that the unit needs to be open once. But why some of then units showing nothing and some of them showing 1?

To 2. When I use the menu to save the project I only get the data of the units I have opend beforehand, but not the data for all units!
I tried this doing the following steps:
a. open the expert and save the project
b. open a few units and save the project in a different file again.
c. open a few more units and save again.
The result was 3 different file. The more units I opend the more data I get. So the question is still the same. Do I have to open all units before I can save a project?

To 3. How can a save one form into the same file. As I see I can only overwrite the fiel. Than I'm facing problem 2 again.

Thanks again for an answer.[/b]
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

1. That's very strange and the most possible reason that DFM file has no any mention about TsiLang on it at all. This is the only reason I can see for this. Could you please send us sample DFM files for such units? Then we will try to find the reason for that. Meantime you can check the following:
Open the unit with form where no TsiLang listed in Expert; switch to Vies as Text on DFM file and check if there is any mention about TsiLang used. If there is no mention about TsiLang then just switch back to View as Form mode and just move TsiLang component to left or right. Just in order to change any of its properties to place the info into DFM. Then Expert will be able to see that this form has TsiLang on it.

2. If Expert doesn't "see" TsiLang on some units it won't save them into external file. So I suppose you've experimented with such units this is whay you get different results. As soon as Expert will see all units with TsiLang (even if it displays only 1 as Number of Languages) it will save all of them into the file with just one operation "Save Project".

3. Actually when you save to the same file the information about other forms won't be deleted or changed. We should try to find a better warning than "Overwrite confirmation" in this dialog when selecting existing file. So you can just save into the same file and it will be updated not overwritten with new data.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.