Hard-Coded Strings, Captions, and Hints

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
will

Hard-Coded Strings, Captions, and Hints

Post by will »

I have a DataModule with Dispatcher and TsiLang and all other forms have TsiLangLinked with common container and dispatcher set appropriately. On all these forms, I ran the "Const Section - With form..." to identify all strings and I end up with many of these forms having the same string defined (ie. String str = "some string").

1. Is there a way that the tsi component can automatically detect the string "some string" and put it in the TsiLang on the DataModule or somehow grab it from a single location? Right now I'm grabbing the translation from the dictionary manager.

2. What's the best way to implement a common container for the captions and hints?

Thank you.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

1. The only way for this case is to extract all of these hard-coded strings into separate unit and then use Const Section - Without form to translate them. In this was all of them will be palced into one data module as well as there won't be duplicates as TsiLang Expert automatically detects already translated terms.

2. Captions and hints are quite form-related so they all will be stored in separated untis. So I doubt there is anything possible to implement as "common container".
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.