Updating ressources strings translations

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pvitoux

Updating ressources strings translations

Post by pvitoux »

Hi,

I had really serious trouble using the resource strings wizards.

First I have a lot of strings cut on 2 line (first with IDS_RES identifier, second line with some text). This issue was already described on a yahoo group post and hasn't be solved yet... :?

Second, I've managed to edit and correct the above error for all resources strings of my application (approximatively 3000 strings). Today, we have a new release of our application and I wanted to update my ressources strings... so I start the resource string wizard again... and now, all my strings are doubled (IDs and text). Apparently, I can't update my resource strings lists once my products is released ?
:oops:

Regards,

Pascal Vitoux

PS : I also still have some errors like range checking errors but I don't have any more time to debug them. Do you have a date/plan for a new release ?
pvitoux

Files...

Post by pvitoux »

Hi again,

If you want to reproduce this... I've put the exe file and dfm file containing tslangrt component on http://www.d2m.fr/program/tsilang.zip

regards,

Pascal
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

For first problem (strings are in 2 lines) there were message in Yahoo group that to prevent this it is necessary to use #13#10 instead of just #13 as line break for current version. (In next release this would be fixed).

The resource strings wizard doesn't recognize duplicates in your sources. This is why there is possible to perform importing only selected strings. So just either select only new strings in wizard or after importing just delete unnecessary (duplicated) strings from Strings property using Translation Editor (btw there is now multiple selection of cells available so this would be quite easy, also you can leave empty rows- they will be deleted automatically).
pvitoux

ouch

Post by pvitoux »

Thanks for the answer...

Here is my issue, in the new version I've integrated some other third party components, so I have a gap of resources string quite important and I don't really know how to be sure to not miss any string.

For the duplicates deletion, some IDs are identical after importing new strings so I don't know wich one I should delete. Moreover, there is about 3000 strings already in my apps so If they're duplicated, I'll have to selelct and delete 3000 strings... I don't have that time any more and I don't want to have to redo this every time I update my apps.

So last option, can I have the source code of this wizard ? I could check how to avoid duplicates while updating resources strings...

Regards,

Pascal
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We'll try to include this functionality in next release, but in case you need the urgently the sources of wizard please let us know the email where to send its sources.
pvitoux

Post by pvitoux »

Hi,

It depend when you're planning your next release.... any info about this ?

Regards,

Pascal
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We're planning to release minor update during this, may be next, week.