SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTE: saving changes, adding languages and source strings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aarondc

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: RTE: saving changes, adding languages and source strings Reply with quote

Hi there

I have a few questions regarding the run time translator editor.

1. If I make changes from within Delphi, and then close the Translation Editor, it warns me:

[Window Title]
Warning

[Content]
The translation information was modified. Do you want to save changes?

[Yes] [No] [Cancel]

If I click Yes, the SIL associated with the langdispatcher associated with the tsiLangRT is not updated. So where are the changes saved? In the DFM of the form?

2. Using tsiLangRT embedded in each form of the application, I call EditAll() to allow end-user translation of that form. By default, the original English is in the SIL, and no other language. How does the end user add their language to the Translator Editor? There is no button to add a language.

I do not want to deploy the SIL Editor as there are many forms and you cannot see them all except for under certain circumstances, so context will be lost. I want the end-user to use the Translator editor built in to the application (via tsiLangRT.EditAll), so they can see the strings in context.

3. Source strings: within Delphi, I right click the tsiLangRT and select

Translate source -> Source

Then click [Modify source], then close the window and the Translator Expert window.

The SIL file associated with the tsiLangDispatcher (of the tsiLangRT) is not updated. To update the SIL file, I have to right click the tsiLangRT and open up the Translator Editor and then Export it manually. Is this intended / expected behaviour?

Thanks
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

1. Yes, this is saved into DFM

2. There is no option to add a language using this editor. You may try to add this in your application. For example change the amount of languages by user request and then call the editor.

3. Yes, this is as designed. External files SIL\SIB are modified only manually or when using TsiLangRT editor at run-time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: