SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot translate static strings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_screech

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Cannot translate static strings Reply with quote

I'm using Builder XE (C++) form strings and string constants have been found and translated correctly by TsiLang, however static strings are not.

In my .cpp file I have a declaration like this outside of any class / fuction:

String strEntry[] = { "String1",
"String 2",
"String 3",
"etc."
};

The menu item "File | Source | With Form..." does not find the strings, looking at the help there should be a menu item "File | Const Section | With Form..." that I think should do this, however this menu item does not exist!

How can I get TsiLang to translate this array of strings?

James
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

There is no possibility to translate constant strings in C++ code. This is why this menu item is not available under C++ IDE. I would recommend you just to add a small function where you will initialize these strings and then translate it with TsiLang Expert as usual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: