RTE: saving changes, adding languages and source strings

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
aarondc

RTE: saving changes, adding languages and source strings

Post by aarondc »

Hi there

I have a few questions regarding the run time translator editor.

1. If I make changes from within Delphi, and then close the Translation Editor, it warns me:

[Window Title]
Warning

[Content]
The translation information was modified. Do you want to save changes?

[Yes] [No] [Cancel]

If I click Yes, the SIL associated with the langdispatcher associated with the tsiLangRT is not updated. So where are the changes saved? In the DFM of the form?

2. Using tsiLangRT embedded in each form of the application, I call EditAll() to allow end-user translation of that form. By default, the original English is in the SIL, and no other language. How does the end user add their language to the Translator Editor? There is no button to add a language.

I do not want to deploy the SIL Editor as there are many forms and you cannot see them all except for under certain circumstances, so context will be lost. I want the end-user to use the Translator editor built in to the application (via tsiLangRT.EditAll), so they can see the strings in context.

3. Source strings: within Delphi, I right click the tsiLangRT and select

Translate source -> Source

Then click [Modify source], then close the window and the Translator Expert window.

The SIL file associated with the tsiLangDispatcher (of the tsiLangRT) is not updated. To update the SIL file, I have to right click the tsiLangRT and open up the Translator Editor and then Export it manually. Is this intended / expected behaviour?

Thanks
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

1. Yes, this is saved into DFM

2. There is no option to add a language using this editor. You may try to add this in your application. For example change the amount of languages by user request and then call the editor.

3. Yes, this is as designed. External files SIL\SIB are modified only manually or when using TsiLangRT editor at run-time.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.