Dictionary manager & SIL files

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
ullibang

Dictionary manager & SIL files

Post by ullibang »

Perhaps it's a foolish question:

A .SIL file represents the translation between different languages for a certain project, so it is kind of a 'dictionary' for that single project.

Why then is it impossible to import a .SIL file into the dictionary manager?

I imagine, the best way to generate my own personal dictionary would be to merge the .SIL of all my projects into the dictionary manager, but this is imposible? Or am i a doing something completely wrong?

Best regards
Ullibang
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just open SIL file into SIL Editor and select in its menu "Tools|Dictionary|Add all" this will add all your currently selected translations to Dictionary Manager. So in this way you will be able to import all your translations from SIL file into dictionary manager.
ullibang

Post by ullibang »

Thanks for the fast reply!
isiticov wrote:Just open SIL file into SIL Editor and select in its menu "Tools|Dictionary|Add all" this will add all your currently selected translations to Dictionary Manager. So in this way you will be able to import all your translations from SIL file into dictionary manager.
That sounds pretty easy and i will do so in a few minutes.

Best Regards
Ullibang
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Btw, the same actions are also available directly from Translation Editor under IDE.