Access Violation in Export to SIB File from SIL 5.1.0.24

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
mclosson

Access Violation in Export to SIB File from SIL 5.1.0.24

Post by mclosson »

Hello, I have an SIL file which I'm trying to export to an SIB file. The SIL will open in the SIL Editor 5.1.0.24. (Component Suite 6.5) It does contain UTF-8 characters and UTF-8 encoding is set to true.

I recieve the following error while doing this:

Can't write to myfile.sib!
Error: Access violation at address 004C5937 in module 'SILEditor.exe'.
Read of address 0000001C
Step: 6

I have tried to eliminate extraneous factors such as the environment, write permissions, file ownership etc. I'm wondering if you could give me more insight to this error and the (Step 6) part? Maybe there is a specific part of the file I should check more thoroughly for errors? At first glance it seems okay but the SIL file is approx 35,000 lines so I may be missing something.

Any help or insight is appreciated. This is also on Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit running as an administrative user.

Thanks,

-Matt-
mclosson

Post by mclosson »

Also there is an SIB file output but I'm not sure if it may be missing strings or sections or if it should be considered safe to work with. Maybe you could tell me how far it got based on the error and information provided of reaching "Step 6".

Thanks,

-Matt-
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

It looks like there is something specific in your SIL file. Could you please send it to us for testing?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mclosson

Post by mclosson »

Igor assisted to find my problem it was a malformatting in two lines of my SIL file that did not begin with TFormName.ComponentName, they were missing the form name.

Thanks!