Which way?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Carsten1310

Which way?

Post by Carsten1310 »

Hello,

i've an application with one TDataModule, one MainForm and round about 22 sub forms. On the TDataModule there's a TsiLangDispatcher and all my forms knows this TDataModule.
My problem: i don't know really the different between TsiLang and TsiLangRT. :?
In the TsiLang User Guide on page 15 there's a description to use TsiLang components with more than one form so i placed a TsiLang on every form with linkage to the TDataModule.TsiLangDispatcher.
Still in the User Guide on page 16 in item 2 i read another way with TSiLangLinked. :shock:
Q: What is the right way to use this components? Or It's better to put a TsiLang on the TDataModule too and every form gets a TsiLangLinked with linkage to it?

Thanks forward an regards, Carsten
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

TsiLangRT is needed ONLY when you need to provide the abilty for end-user to translate your form at run-time.
The recommended structure is to pur TsiLang on data-module and on all other form place TsiLangLinked and set their CommonContainer to TsiLang from data-module as well as dispatcher.
This way you will have common strings like Dialog captions shared from one place for your project which results in reducing the EXE's size and translation data size.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Carsten1310

Post by Carsten1310 »

Hi Igor,
isiticov wrote: The recommended structure is to pur TsiLang on data-module and on all other form place TsiLangLinked and set their CommonContainer to TsiLang from data-module as well as dispatcher.
meanwhile i've a TsiLangDispatcher on the TDataModule and a TsiLang on every form with linkage to TsiLangDispatcher on TDataModule like the example on page 15 in manual.
Is your way with TsiLangLinked on every form the better way?
Can i so export the translation at one time to give them in a translation office?

Regards, Carsten

Supplement:
If i understand right i must set on every form:

TsiLangLinked.CommonContainer:= TDataModule.TsiLang;
TsiLangLinked.LangDispatcher:= TDataModule.TsiLangDispatcher
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Carsten,
Carsten1310 wrote:Is your way with TsiLangLinked on every form the better way?
Yes, as I said before in such way you will have only ONE place to translate common strings such as Dialogs captions.
Can i so export the translation at one time to give them in a translation office?
Delphi's menu Tools | TsiLang Expert and then in Expert's menu File | Save\Load | Save Project.
Supplement:
If i understand right i must set on every form:

TsiLangLinked.CommonContainer:= TDataModule.TsiLang;
TsiLangLinked.LangDispatcher:= TDataModule.TsiLangDispatcher
Yes, absolutely (I hope these were abstracts).

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Carsten1310

Post by Carsten1310 »

Hi Igor,
isiticov wrote: (I hope these were abstracts).
yes, of course. :D

Many thanks for your help and regards, Carsten