Problem with Inheritance and Tsilanglnk

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Azur

Problem with Inheritance and Tsilanglnk

Post by Azur »

Hello,
I am almost done translating a big application with your component. I think I found a bug with inheritance and Tsilanglnk linked to a Tsilang. If it is not a bug, I would be very grateful if you could help me solve this problem.
My application was first translated using Korzh Component, but I decided to switch to yours that allowed more control.
All my form are using form inheritance from a base form. As you have suggested, I am using 1 TsiLang component on a form, and all other forms use Tsilanglnk component which have as container the preceding Tsilang.
The base form is using a TsilangLnk, whose container is some Tsilang component located in a form A.
It happens that in a descending form I am changing the reference to this tsilang A, and put the container to another Tsilang located in another form B.
All this works as expected, but while designing my application, if I this inherited form, without previously opening the form B, the container returns automatically to Form A.
Are you aware of this behaviour.
Thanks for any help.
I love your component
regards

Azur
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

It is possible that the problem is not TsiLang related but Delphi's streaming method of inherited properties. Since the property CommonContainer is just a simple reference property, which has now any special meaning and behavior associated at design-time. So I guess this is a Delphi related problem but not TsiLang.
May be it would help if you change the position of TsiLang that links to Form B some how and this will enforce its properties to be streamed in DFM better.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.