Problems with Unicode

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Phoner

Problems with Unicode

Post by Phoner »

Hello,

until now I used TsiLang without any problems. But now I added a new language: Russian. The translations was done with SilEditor and I could load the project (sil file). My application now shows Cyrillic letters!
But now the problem. As soon as I open the TsiLang Expert to change anything from the Delphi2009 IDE and change a bit and leave, the message box is shown - asking me to save or not. When choosing "save" all Cyrillic letters are gone and only question marks are visible.

I am using Delphi2009 Pro, TsiLang 6.3.1, German Vista.

I tried the option "StoreAsUTF8" - but the same problem occurs. As long as I don't change anything everything works. I can switch between languages and Russian comes up with correct Cyrillic letters.

I can use the SilEditor, but not the integrated expert in the IDE.

What is wrong here? Do I have to set a special option?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

There is a problem with StoreAsUTF8 and Delphi 2009. So don't set it to True now under Delphi 2009. If this doesn't help, could you please send us sample unit that reproduces the problem?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Phoner

Post by Phoner »

I had exactly this problem with version 6.3.0.4 and StoreAsUTF8 set to False. I checked then with True and the problem wasn't soved. After that I updated to version 6.3.1, but didn't reset the StoreAsUTF8 property.

Now with 6.3.1 and unset StoreAsUTF8 it works! Thanks!

By the way: Where can I see the differences (changelog) between these versions (6.3.0.4 <-> 6.3.1)? Are there any notifications, that a new subversion 6.3.x is available?