fieldname translation

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
cdsnl

fieldname translation

Post by cdsnl »

Hi,

I have two simple questions.

When I use the translate option for translating Collections, it also translates fieldnames, like DbGrid1.Columns[1].FieldName. Can this be turned off. Because I don't translate my fieldnames and then I get completely empty DBGrids.

Is it possible when you use translate that it does not look to the exact wordt in of your main language, but also to words with a colon.
Example:
Name ==> Naam
Name: ==> Naam:
Now I have to put in both translations.

Thanks
Andre
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just use ExcludedProperties proeprty and add there FieldName and others you need to exclude.
The Suggest button on toolbar of Translation Editor will allow to find you not exact matches.
cdsnl

Post by cdsnl »

Hi,

The excludeProperties worked. Would it no be handy yo have this in the TsiLangDispatcher. So I do not have do this for every TsiLang on every screen. I see I can use Default Propeties. Just a though.

But the Suggest Translantion does not work in the way I would expected to be.
I have label with the caption "Number:".
In the dictonary I have a translation for "Number" into the Dutch word "Nummer". But when I use the Suggest Translation option he gives me all the translations with the word Number in it. This will take me for hours to get thounsands of labels to translate. And then all my translation still have no colon behind it.
Would it not be handier if you check in the normal Translate option if the last character is a colon : and then search for the ext with out colon and if you find at the colon to the translation. So in that case with the caption "Number:" you search for "Number" and you find "Nummer" and add a colon to get "Nummer:".
Just a though. Or can you tell me where to put this feature in your source myself.

Thanks
Andre
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

You can edit ExcludedProperties for all/selected forms at once using TsiLang Expert.

About colon usage: we will try to add this feature in Dictionary Manager.
cdsnl

Post by cdsnl »

Hi,

I will have a look at the TsiLang Expert.

COlon usage: Thanks, I really appreciate it.
It would be nice when you use the Add to Directory or Add All to Dictonary options that you remove the last colon from the captions before you put it in the Dictonary.
This would save me a lot of time and making translations easier.

I do not want to push but do you have an idea when it is ready. I am in the middle of a translation project, otherwise I delayed the project until you are finished.

Thanks again
Andre
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

cdsnl wrote:I do not want to push but do you have an idea when it is ready. I am in the middle of a translation project, otherwise I delayed the project until you are finished.
I cannot say any date now and would suggest you to do not wait and go forward with your project. :)