Problem with importing

Old forum to discuss the RegKeeper- e-Sales Tracking Software. (Locked)
Skippy

Problem with importing

Post by Skippy »

Hi,

I have 2 problems with importing:

1. share-it does not suport PAD files, so how can I import products from csv files ?

2. When importing orders from csv files, I can't get over the mapping dialog. Although I have mapped most of the fields and all of the required fields, the Next button stays disabled. :cry:

Any hints ?

Regards. Skippy.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

1. Product data importing from CSV files is not implemented. In case you will include product data in orders' CSv file then you will be able to import products as well.
2. To go over the mapping fields dialog you have to comply with following:
A. All required (marked with *) fields are assigned
B. ALL :!: fields from CSV file (left list) are assigned. So the left list of fields is empty.

Hope this helps.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Hi,

2A: I agree wit that, but
2B: where's the difference between required fields and the others, when they are required as well ?

My csv file has a number of fields I can not map. Why do you force the user to import these ? Not very cool. :?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Skippy wrote: 2B: where's the difference between required fields and the others, when they are required as well ?
You can have 10 fields in CSV but not all required, so you you can assign all fields but some of the required are missing and this is not allowed. Do you feel the difference?
My csv file has a number of fields I can not map. Why do you force the user to import these ? Not very cool. :?
We will try to improve these.
Thanks.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

:cry:
Now, I tried the following:

I imported the order emails from Outlook into Outlook Express to create/export *.eml files. When I try to import these I get the message

"Unfortunately, it was not possible to auto-detect service. Pleasy, use manual service detection."

1. Why doesn't RegKeeper import the files
2. What the heck is "manual service detection." ? Where can I do that, resp. what do I have to detect ?

peter sippel