SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with importing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Problem with importing Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 2 problems with importing:

1. share-it does not suport PAD files, so how can I import products from csv files ?

2. When importing orders from csv files, I can't get over the mapping dialog. Although I have mapped most of the fields and all of the required fields, the Next button stays disabled. Crying or Very sad

Any hints ?

Regards. Skippy.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Product data importing from CSV files is not implemented. In case you will include product data in orders' CSv file then you will be able to import products as well.
2. To go over the mapping fields dialog you have to comply with following:
A. All required (marked with *) fields are assigned
B. ALL Exclamation fields from CSV file (left list) are assigned. So the left list of fields is empty.

Hope this helps.
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

2A: I agree wit that, but
2B: where's the difference between required fields and the others, when they are required as well ?

My csv file has a number of fields I can not map. Why do you force the user to import these ? Not very cool. Confused
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:

2B: where's the difference between required fields and the others, when they are required as well ?

You can have 10 fields in CSV but not all required, so you you can assign all fields but some of the required are missing and this is not allowed. Do you feel the difference?
Quote:

My csv file has a number of fields I can not map. Why do you force the user to import these ? Not very cool. Confused

We will try to improve these.
Thanks.
Skippy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
Now, I tried the following:

I imported the order emails from Outlook into Outlook Express to create/export *.eml files. When I try to import these I get the message

"Unfortunately, it was not possible to auto-detect service. Pleasy, use manual service detection."

1. Why doesn't RegKeeper import the files
2. What the heck is "manual service detection." ? Where can I do that, resp. what do I have to detect ?

peter sippel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> RegKeeper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: