SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems using .rc files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dit6a9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Problems using .rc files Reply with quote

I'm using the following .rc file:
Code:
#include "resources.h"

/*********************************************
File: D:\C\EJEMPLOS\DIALOGBOXES\RESOURCES.RC
Generated by Resource Builder 2.0.
*********************************************/
// Below are important 3 lines, don't change them!
/*
OutputExt=res
*/

DIALOG_0 DIALOG 0, 0, 485, 272
STYLE DS_SETFONT |WS_CHILD |WS_VISIBLE
FONT 8, "Tahoma"
LANGUAGE LANG_NEUTRAL, 0
BEGIN
  CONTROL "Siguiente >>",0,"BUTTON",BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON |BS_VCENTER |BS_CENTER |WS_CHILD |WS_TABSTOP |WS_VISIBLE ,344,230,116,20
END

and the file resources.h is almost empyt:
Code:
#include <windows.h>

The compiler I use is the free command line tools of BCC 5.5 so I've configured Resource Builder to use the following include directory:
Code:
D:\freecommandLinetools\Include

Everytime I try to open my .rc file I get the following message:
Code:
Error ID: 116
Error message: File D:\freecommandLinetools\Include\windows.h. Line 54: 116. Number expected but got _MSC_VER in expression

What is wrong? The windows.h file has been modified and belongs to the BCC 5.5 package.

The only way I don't get an erro everytime I save the .rc file is by removing any #include sentence like #include <windows.h>
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like windows.h file references to _MSC_VER variable which is not defined there and I can suppose that it is global compiler variable. You may try to use the Resource Builder Options dialog and on Compiler tab enter the compiler definition for _MSC_VER variable. I don't know what value it should contain but you may try to investigate this in your environment compiler.
Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: