Dynamic language

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
tomtom62

Dynamic language

Post by tomtom62 »

Hi,

your advice (Define default directory) has worked, thanks for it. I also tried the dynamic language example, which seems to work as expected, but:

1. I have to connect 50 tsilang components to one dispatcher. How could this be done without opening all 50 forms ?

2. I created a .sib file from the whole project (btw. the editor has much improved ). How can I only display the strings which should be (needed to be) translated, as there are strings like SQL statements, fieldnames which must not be translated ?

3. How are the silang Components be notified, that there is a new (third, fourth) language beeing added ?. Is that being done by the dispatcher ?

Regards

Thomas
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

1. Yes, you havme to open all forms manually and assign the Dispatcher property.
2. In order to exclude properties/components from translation just use ExcludedProperties, DoNotTranslate and SmartExcluded properties from TsiLang. This will allow you to exclude anything you want. Also this could be done directly from design-time TsiLang Translations Editor.
3. Components automatcially update amount of language and other language settings on file loading or when the language settings were changed in dispatcher.
Hope this helps.
tomtom62

Post by tomtom62 »

Thanks, it was an awful job to assign the dispatcher to all 50 forms ,but -).

How can I exclude Fonts, Charsets,Displaylabels in general for the whole project ?

Any chance to exclude e.g. all components of type IB_QUERY from translation ?

Thomas
tomtom62

Post by tomtom62 »

Hi,

I'm using a .sib file for the whole project. Is there any chance to add the content of the .sib file "back" to the project, so that the translations are stored in the source of the project again ?

Thomas
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

tomtom62 wrote:Thanks, it was an awful job to assign the dispatcher to all 50 forms ,but -).

How can I exclude Fonts, Charsets,Displaylabels in general for the whole project ?

Any chance to exclude e.g. all components of type IB_QUERY from translation ?
Just open TsiLang Expert, select all forms, and click File|Exclude Properties. Then use Exclude Properties dialog and enter the property names to exclude.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

tomtom62 wrote:Hi,

I'm using a .sib file for the whole project. Is there any chance to add the content of the .sib file "back" to the project, so that the translations are stored in the source of the project again ?
Open TsiLang Expert, select in menu File|Save\Load Translations|Load Project , locate your file and it will be loaded to all project's forms.
tomtom62

Post by tomtom62 »

adding the content of the .sib file to the project does not work. I did it twice withe the result, that I have toe reopen each form (50 !) to assign the language names back.

There are also all translation infos gone. All I have now is a .sib file which contains all the translation infos and an "empty" project.

I did

Open the expert.

OPen File/SAveLoad Translation/ Load project

Select my .sib file

and accepted all changes to the forms.

There are errors coming up, that there are languagenames not assigned.

The first run they where 2 on the second there was only 1.

Regards

Thomas
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

tomtom62 wrote: There are errors coming up, that there are languagenames not assigned.
Is it possible more details here? Because this looks very strange and we've never seen this before.
tomtom62

Post by tomtom62 »

Hi,

which details do you need ?. I won't do it again as it took me quite a while to go through all forms, had to open them, ignore the errormessages and had to
create the whole project again (compile only (F9) wasn t enough).

What happened was:

The languagenames are no longer assigned to some of the forms.

The error message was something like: silang1.languagenames are not assigned. The possibilities were: ignore cancel ignore all.

The result is: All translations infos on all 50 forms are gone. The "original" captions, hints ... are still available..

Regards

Thomas