SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.SIB file and access violation

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
qswami



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: .SIB file and access violation Reply with quote

I have 3 languages in my sib file. After I try to change it to one of them other from the default one, I get an Access violation error when trying to access the other menu options. I could get the menu options working only after deleting / renaming the .sib file. Is it possible for the .sib file to be corrupt. If so, how to find it out. Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2096

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please specify what do you mean under menu option?
In case just renaming the SIB file solves the problem then I'm unable to provide any ideas, because this looks like absolutelly independed from translation. May be you can try to reproduce the error on simple(sample) project and check if it is there and in case not - to try to find the differences?
Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qswami



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: SIB file and access violation Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I meant *Other* menu options inside my application. Let me put it in another way. The .SIB file is created using the TsiLang Expert -> Save/Load Translation -> Save Project. Then the same .SIB file is edited and two new language strings are added as per the translation information provided by the Customer.

In the application, the presence of the .SIB file in the same folder as the application (.exe) is checked and if so, it is loaded. When running the application the default language, in my case English, is loaded. Now when I try to access the *menu options available in my application* I am able to do it. I also have a option to change to other available languages. When I change to some other language, say, Simplified Chinese, I could see the relevant caption strings changed. But when I try to access the menu options say for eg., Open Customer, I get a Access Violation error.

From now on only if I rename the .SIB file or Delete it from the folder, I can access the menu options, even if I set the language back to English.

The above mentioned .SIB file that creates problem has both the Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese translations.

However, this issue does not occur when I have *only* a single language translation. say., Only Simplified Chinese or Only Traditional Chinese in the .SIB file.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2096

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you dig into the sources and show the line that raises Access Violation error?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qswami



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: SIB file and access violation Reply with quote

Pls. find the required code information. Thanks.

Delphi version: 5

siLang version: 5.2.5_fix1
FileName : siComp.pas
Version : 5.2.5
Release date : 01.10.2003
Procedure : ChangeLanguage
Line No : 3997

Code Fragment :

{ Set Collections of components}
if (FPropForChange = -1) or (FPropForChange = Ord(stCollections)) then
SetProperties(@FCollections, stCollections); //Raises Access Violation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2096

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please download latest version, install it and check if error gone?
In case not, then it looks like there is some particular case in your project only, please try to create simple project and to add components/translations step-by-step to your actual project to try to detect what caused the error. In case you would be able to reproduce the error on such simple project, you may send it to us that we could try to find the origin of problem on our side.
Please let us know about the results.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qswami



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: .SIB file and Access Violation Reply with quote

Downloaded the latest version 5.3.1.1 and could see that it works fine.
Many thanks for the support.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by p h p B B  © 2001, 2005 p h p B B  Group