Package problems in D5

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
RobinDB

Package problems in D5

Post by RobinDB »

Hi,

I have a problem with a rather large project and runtime shipped packages.
I would like to ship only the needed components to the customer using our existing runtime only package in Delphi 5.

The following files are needed at runtime (afaik)
Sicomp.pas
Sidialogs.pas
Memini.pas
siLngLnk.pas

I add these files to the existing package called shared.bpl and compile it. Works fine.

At design time we have installed an other package called IDEregister.dpk. The rest of silang components are added there including the expert. The IDEregister package uses (requires) the shared.bpl for the missing .pas files (sicomp, sidialogs, memini, silnglnk) which is confirmed by Delphi and dependacy checkers. This IDEregister package is installed inside the Delphi IDE and afterthat the expert is available in Delphi 5 IDE. We use this method also for about 6 other third party components without any problems but those do not contain any IDE experts.

So now all silanguage components and experts are installed. The shared.bpl could be shipped to customers since our products only require the tsilanglinked, tsilang and sidialogs components and theire dependancies at runtime. The other components (and expert) the customer doesn’t need and are therefor placed inside IDEregister.dpk which will not ship and it design time only package.

Now the problem:
Two clients use the components inside shared.bpl which works fine. Dependacy checkers show the exact dependancies and linked-in resources I want and need. Translation of the two clients has been done and work fine (except for some customized extended common file dialogs problems but that’s an other problem). At this time I want to start translating the existing components inside shared.bpl runtime only package. Upon every rebuild of the shared package within the Delphi 5 IDE the IDE crashes with an access violation. When builded outside the IDE (on local and build machine) things go fine and a new runtime package is build.

I already tried to solve this problem by “shipping” the tislang original package and let shared.bpl require it but that gives the same problem.

I believe it has to do with the expert that depends on the rebuilded (unload->compile->load sequence) package but I cannot confirm that.

Does anyone has a solution for this? Does anyone has separated the tsilanguage suite with success into runtime / designtime part?

Thanks in advance,
BTW: we use version 5.3.0 with source.

[/img]
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

At http://www.sicomponents.com/soft/si_d4_ ... ckages.zip are placed Delphi 4 TsiLang packages splitted into design-time and run-time only. I beleive you can use them as template to create packages for Delphi 5. The only thing which must done in sources is to move procedure Register from siDialog.pas file into sireg.pas file and add siDialog into uses clause of sireg.pas. This is needed to be done in order to be able to install dialogs components as well.
Hope this helps.
RobinDB

packages

Post by RobinDB »

Thanks a lot, will try it immediatly and let you know.