TsiLang component in .dfm file

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
juefu2002

TsiLang component in .dfm file

Post by juefu2002 »

Hi, I'm using v5.2.0. Is there a way to store silang1.TranslationData within the .dfm file using text mode (as it was with previous versions) ?
How to multi-select cells of the grid of the translation editor?
How to multi-line edit a hint? There is no such menu item in the right click pop-up of the grid.
Thank you for help. Juergen
gaivans

Post by gaivans »

Hello,

> Hi, I'm using v5.2.0. Is there a way to store silang1.TranslationData within the .dfm file using text mode (as it was with previous versions) ?

The binary mode was introduced to protect strings from encoding corruption by the IDE's editor. If you need make any manipulations directly with the text data, you might save all translations into an external .sil file, modify it in a text editor, and then import back into the TsiLang.

> How to multi-select cells of the grid of the translation editor?

As in any text editor - using Shift+Arrow. Mouse selection has not implemented yet.

> How to multi-line edit a hint? There is no such menu item in the right click pop-up of the grid.

You can use the shortcut Ctrl+Enter. The corresponding item in the popup menu in our TODO list.

Best regards,
Serghei Gaivan
juefu2002

Post by juefu2002 »

Hello,

> Hi, I'm using v5.2.0. Is there a way to store silang1.TranslationData within the .dfm file using text mode (as it was with previous versions) ?

The binary mode was introduced to protect strings from encoding corruption by the IDE's editor. If you need make any manipulations directly with the text data, you might save all translations into an external .sil file, modify it in a text editor, and then import back into the TsiLang.

ok

--The reason for my question is the following: I'm working with inherited forms: FormA with a lot of controls and a silang (NumOfLanguages=2). FormB inherits FormA and adds some more controls. I translated the controls of FormA. If I open the translator for FormB I can't see the translations of FormA for the second language. Consequently for the running application:
Call of FormA --> Change language --> all translations ok.
Call of FormB --> Change language ---> for FormA controls only the first language is present.

I know it works FINE for SIMPLE examples but this is a rather complex project.

I tried to workaround this by saving the translations of FormA to .sil and reloading the .sil file into FormB, but all properties were lost within the translator grid, I had to escape the translator without saving the changes.

The only chance I see at the moment is to re-enter all translations into FormB, but this is a lot of work! Any hints?

Thank you. Juergen
gaivans

Post by gaivans »

Hello,

We would recommend you using the Dictionary Manager. For example, you enter translations in Translation Editor for FormB (as this child form contains all FormA's controls as well own ones).After that select from the menu "Dictionary|Add All" or press the toolbutton "Add All to Dictinary". All translations will be added to the default .DIC file. You can export all translation data (initial) from all the forms into a single .DIC file and send it to you translator with the Dictionary Manager.

After the translations is ready you can load them into any form in the project via "Dictionary|Translate All". This approach is especially useful if many strings in the project are repeated.
Best regards,
Serghei Gaivan