TsiLang Expert: Unable to obtain interface of form module!

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Malcolm

TsiLang Expert: Unable to obtain interface of form module!

Post by Malcolm »

Delphi Tokyo 10.2.2 and also Berlin 10.1.
Using the TsiLang Expert to double-click on one Form in a small VCL project, I am getting the following error message:

Unable to obtain the interface of form module! Please check your project source.

I have tried comparing the form's source with other working forms and have not found the cause. Can you suggest what I am looking for?

That form can be 'translated' as expected by double-clicking on the TsiLangRT component on it. The project builds and runs as expected under both IDEs .. but in both IDEs the Expert raises the same 'error'.

It must be something silly, but I just can't see it. :oops:
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The most possible reason for that is missing {FormName} in PROJECT'S source (DPR). After each unit declaration with form there is {FormName} following but sometimes (usually when you add form to project manually) this is missing and it is not possible to get form's interface through IDE (I don't know why but IDE fails in this case).
Just check your DPR file for this case.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks, Igor, that was it.

Actually, in the .DPR uses clause the {form name} was present but incorrect!

I must have renamed the form at some point and the DPR did not update the {form name} for some reason.

If that error is specific to this issue (missing or incorrect form name in DPR), would it be possible to edit the message a little? For example to include "(DPR)" and perhaps the {form name} value that was not found.

But this is probably a rare issue. Anyway, I have added it to my 'Cheat Sheet'. Thank you for your quick reply. :D