unigui support

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
nurettin

unigui support

Post by nurettin »

Hi, our company is planning to purchase sicomponents.

At work we use unigui ( http://unigui.com ) and we compile our program as an ISAPI DLL. When we place TsiLang component on a form, compile the application and try to open the page from a browser, it doesn't load.

I tried enabling exceptions on the tsilang component,
I checked the logs, there are no errors.
I snooped around with a process explorer, didn't see any errors.

What might tsilang component be doing that makes it fail to load when run from ISAPI DLL?

We would like to have a fix or workaround if possible.

Thanks for your time.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Unfortunately, we were unable to test the uniGUI in order to try to find the reason for the problem. We've downloaded their trial version available on their forum but all demo projects can't be opened in IDE due to errors. As well as there is no new uniGUI project wizard available in IDE so we don't know how to create new uniGUI project. :(
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
nurettin

Post by nurettin »

isiticov wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately, we were unable to test the uniGUI in order to try to find the reason for the problem. We've downloaded their trial version available on their forum but all demo projects can't be opened in IDE due to errors. As well as there is no new uniGUI project wizard available in IDE so we don't know how to create new uniGUI project. :(
Hi,

We can install unigui and build demo projects on Delphi XE7. I hope that helps.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you use FULL version of uniGUI? Because the trial version available on their web site doesn't work under XE7
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
nurettin

Post by nurettin »

isiticov wrote:Do you use FULL version of uniGUI? Because the trial version available on their web site doesn't work under XE7
Yes, we use the full version, but we did try it before we bought it and the demos built.

Can you tell me the errors? Perhaps I can redirect them to the forums.
nurettin

Post by nurettin »

isiticov wrote:Do you use FULL version of uniGUI? Because the trial version available on their web site doesn't work under XE7
Actually I just tried a bare-bones ISAPI DLL (WebBroker/Web Application/ISAPI) with a tsilang component on the webmodule unit and the same thing happened.

So I guess it wasn't really about unigui.

Can you please help me resolve the issue of running TsiLang components on any ISAPI DLL?
farshad

Post by farshad »

Hi,

You need to follow uniGUI installation instructions. You must build and install uniGUI design time packages in IDE. Instructions are in uniGUI.pdf which is available after installing.
farshad

Re: unigui support

Post by farshad »

nurettin wrote:Hi, our company is planning to purchase sicomponents.

At work we use unigui ( http://unigui.com ) and we compile our program as an ISAPI DLL. When we place TsiLang component on a form, compile the application and try to open the page from a browser, it doesn't load.

I tried enabling exceptions on the tsilang component,
I checked the logs, there are no errors.
I snooped around with a process explorer, didn't see any errors.

What might tsilang component be doing that makes it fail to load when run from ISAPI DLL?

We would like to have a fix or workaround if possible.

Thanks for your time.
Are you using the trial edition of TsiLang? Maybe it is a restriction of trial edition.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

We've found a reason for that! Thank Farshad for the hint. Trial version displays a trial message when application is running without IDE! And so when running under web server it can't detect IDE running and will display this message. But under web server this message can't be displayed as result the application hangs.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
nurettin

Post by nurettin »

We've found a reason for that! Thank Farshad for the hint. Trial version displays a trial message when application is running without IDE! And so when running under web server it can't detect IDE running and will display this message. But under web server this message can't be displayed as result the application hangs.
That is great news, so release version won't have that problem. Will this behavior be changed in the future?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

The registered version doesn't have such issue. Trial version has this limitation.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.