Why the char "ñ" and "ô" become to ?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the Resource Builder
yxq

Why the char "ñ" and "ô" become to ?

Post by yxq »

Open my Dll, select "Edit as Text", then copy the Spanish or French text into my dll, click the "Save" button or click the "Edit" button to Edit mode, all chars are good, but only a few chars, such as "ñ"(Spanish), "ô"(French) will be convert to "?", for example "pequeña"(Spanish) will become "peque?a", "Icône"(French) will become to "Ic?ne", why? all other chars are good!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

This is a bug in text editor. If you edit StringTable resource please try to edit using built-in editor for strings. It doesn't corrupts the characters. We will fix this in next version.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
yxq

Post by yxq »

Thank you, but how to import the French and Spanish text into DLL? there are lots of lines in the texts, i need to modify all the chars one by one!
And the Find feature in built-in editor will not work continuously, it will not work after search for some times!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

You can try the following:
1. Open your DLL
2. Select File | Save As and select Unicode RC file as file type.
3. Then open saved RC file in Resource Builder.
4. Select in menu Tools | Edit as Text
5. Find and modify your needed text.
6. Save file.
7. In Menu Tools | Link to EXE select your DLL and replace existing resources with modified.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
yxq

Post by yxq »

Thank you for your suggestion.
Other two bugs:
1. In the built-in editor (non-text editor), click the "Find" button to search some chars, but this search only work for a few times, when you click find next, nothing happen! i have tried lots of times. And the searched chars will not be selected and highlight, the Resource Tuner do better.

2. Program always the *.bak, *.res files even if you have disabled this function.

I hope you can perfect your good product!

Best Regards
Steven
yxq

Post by yxq »

The method below will not work yet, please release the new version as soon as... thank you.

1. Open your DLL
2. Select File | Save As and select Unicode RC file as file type.
3. Then open saved RC file in Resource Builder.
4. Select in menu Tools | Edit as Text
5. Find and modify your needed text.
6. Save file.
7. In Menu Tools | Link to EXE select your DLL and replace existing resources with modified.