Support for XE8

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
PStadler

Support for XE8

Post by PStadler »

Hello,

When do you expect support vor XE8?

Sincerely

Peter
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I don't usually push for early releases .. but ..

I have an Android app which crashes under XE7 and earlier due to a library bug which has been fixed in XE8. The only 3rd party component I need before I can release a fixed version of my app is .. TsiLang.

If your XE8 support is not imminent, do you know if I can compile and install your XE7 version in XE8?

Malcolm
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We're preparing new version with XE 8 support. Meantime XE 7 package could be easily installed and used under XE 8.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks Igor

The XE7 setup.exe ran OK, but the components were not installed.
I don't know enough about how to change the settings to get the package installed so I will just try to be patient. :oops:
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

I meant that if you have Full Source license you can manually install XE 7 packages into XE 8 IDE. Sorry for confusion. Just open TsiLang XE7 project group, build both packages and install the TsiLang_XE7.dpk into IDE.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
fherrero

Error XE8

Post by fherrero »

Hi!, I'm trying to install the latest version of your component in RAD Studio XE8. The project compiles but when I try to install the bpl compiled in the XE8 environment fails. I must change anything of your code to get a correct bpl for the new environment. Please, can you give to us a more detailed explanation to get a usable version of your component in the XE8 environment? Thanks in advance.

I must change anything of your code to get a correct bpl for the new environment... Is needed any change in your code to get a correct bpl for the new environment?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Version 7.4 just released with support for XE 8!
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Brilliant, Thanks.
(I failed to compile and install my XE7 source into XE8)