TranslateData property is saved in binary format in DFMs

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
AdilsonGarcia

TranslateData property is saved in binary format in DFMs

Post by AdilsonGarcia »

We are using Git as our Version Control System. Git don´t have an lock file feature, so when two people modify the same file at same time Git tries to do a merge.

Because TsiLang store its data in binary format in the .DFM, the merge is impossible.

I know we could resolve this issue by stablishing an mecanismo in our process to prevent two people using the same file at the same time, but would be very usefull if TsiLang stored its properties as an XML format.

Any suggestions? Does someone have the same issue?
ottigeda

Post by ottigeda »

Hi

I have raised the same question a few years ago:
http://www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewt ... ight=merge

Still it would be very helpful if TSiLang could store the data in some format which is possible to merge using git.
For instance TMultiLang (what we used before TSiLang) did use one readable (more or less) line in the dfm
to store the translation data for each component.
This turned out to be quite simple and easy to merge for us.

For us it would be good enough if such an feature would be available in the latest version of Delphi and we would not care about dfm size.

As far as I can see, the encoding of special characters should not be an issue anymore in newer releases of Delphi ?
As unfortunately SIL files are not really helping us anything in our process, we basically do all the translations for each branch we have again.