Save Project hangs my IDE in DXE6

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Malcolm

Save Project hangs my IDE in DXE6

Post by Malcolm »

Is there an upper limit to the number of languages or units that the TsiLang Expert can process when Saving a project?

I am running XE6 in a Win7 VM with 2Gb RAM and 60Gb HDD with 15Gb free.

The 'problem project' project has 65 forms and 14 languages. Smaller projects Save OK.

I am saving to a .SIB file using UTF8 encoding.

When I select Tools > TsiLang Expert, then attempt to Save Project, it runs OK for a few forms, then the display stops updating. If I leave it for 5 minutes or so it sometimes simply 'feeezes' but other times shows a succession of errors about the bds or about being unable to create forms.

The only solution I can find is to force the IDE to close. At that point the new .SIB file contains approximately 30 translated forms out of the 65.

If I use the TsiLang Expert to save the forms individually or in small batches I eventually find it hanging the IDE. The only solution I have found is to restart the IDE, then continue Saving the remaining forms, possibly with several iterations until the complete .SIB is created.

It looks as if it is running out of resources or something. :(
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Some more info.

I went back to my XE2 VM which has 1.5GB RAM and 40GB HDD and uses TsiLang v 7.2

The same project (earlier version) has 65 forms but only 13 languages. A Project Save runs fine in a little over 30 seconds.

I have not tried in XE7 as I have not yet installed all the 3rd party components the project needs.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

There are no any limits on amount of languages and forms used in project. May be your forms are just "large" with a lot of components that use some RAM resources such as databases, tables, that are active and IDE itself can't open\close them quickly. Can you open all this forms at same time under IDE? Will it hang too? Because when saving project TsiLang Expert opens form, saves it and then closes if it was closed.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hi Igor

WOW!

I opened all the forms in the IDE which took a minute or so. I checked quite a few to make sure they were all open and looked OK. Then I used the TsiLang Expert to save the project.

In this case it only took about 10 seconds to run and correctly created the .SIB file.

Thanks for the suggestion.
It must have something to do with the open/close of the forms in my environment. Hmmmmm..
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OK, I found it.
I had forgotten to exclude the project folder from my AV software's OnDemand scanning. :oops: