Erratic behaviour on change of language

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

James Campion wrote:Hi Igor, it works fine according to our chinese customer.
Great!
Question.
Our software is distributed with several sil files and hidden keys which open up for the languages in the sil files. The choice of languages is dependent upon both the Sil file and the key.

On startup I open the Sil file count and load the languages. The key then determines what languages are displayed in the SiCombo.

It works fine with the Sil file so I assume this is also the case with a Sib file.
With SIB file you will need to perform a little bit different actions to retrieve the languages:
1. You will need to create instance of TSIBFileManager (declared siComp.pas unit)
2. Call its LoadAllFromFile() method
3. Usings siComponents[Index] property you can obtain itnerface to TsiCustomLang from this SIB file.
4. Using LangNames property of TsiCustomLang you can obtain the list of available languages.
Probrem :
When I start up the Lang Expert in my project and ”load project” from the Sib file, which was created from the original Sil, the main form is not imported.
It is listed in the SIB file but not in the Tsilang Expert dialog box list.
I have a TsilLang component on all forms pointing to a commone dispatcher.
Could you please check that the main form entry in SIB file is "correct"? It must be named like TYourMainFormName. May be you have changed the name of main form but SIL file used older name?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
LeighM

Post by LeighM »

Sorry for digging out an old threads but I have noted a similar issue and would like to know if it has been fixed in the current version.

I have four languages in my application: English, German, French and Chinese (the user can choose the display lan). My PC's default locale is English and I found that switching language in the application is fine (apart from Chinese display which is expected). However, if I change my PC's locale to Chinese, some of the Chinese translations are shifted to the French translation columns. i.e. if I choose French in the application, some of the words are displayed in Chinese; if I choose Chinese in the application, some of the words are displayed in English. The majority is fine just a few words.

My version of TsiLang is 6.4.1

Thanks for your help
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

I believe this was fixed long time ago. But you can always download and install latest version trial and test this or send us sample project which reproduces this problem and we will verify on our side.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
LeighM

Post by LeighM »

Thanks isiticov

Just to confirm that upgrading from version 6.4 to the current version 7.2 fixed the problem.

Cheers.