Translate Language does not always show correct base langs

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Malcolm

Translate Language does not always show correct base langs

Post by Malcolm »

Hi Igor

In SIL Editor V 6.0.1.52 I am trying to translate from the Dictionary just the selected language.

Sometimes it correctly offers as the base language all the languages except the selected language. But other times it includes the selected language in the base list but not the base language I want (usually the first language).

I have not managed to work out exactly how to make it work/fail. :(

It does seem that clicking in a cell does not always 'correctly' update the base language list.

If possible it would also be nice to be able to translate a particular language for the whole SIB file in a single command (or did I miss it?)

Malcolm
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OK, here is what I am doing:

1. Double-click on a .sib file. The SIL Editor opens the file.
2. Expand the tree, select the first <unit> and then the Captions node
3. Scroll to language 13 (Chinese) and click on a cell
4. Select Dictionary, then Translate language
5. The base language dialog opens and I select the first language (English) ... and the Chinese column is translated from the Dictionary. (All as expected)

6. Next I select the Strings node and scroll to Chinese and click on a cell
7. Select Translate language.
8. The base language dialog opens, but I cannot select English as it is no longer in the list - but Chinese *is*.

The only way to be sure to get English back in the list of base languages is to restart the SIL Editor. :(

It looks as if the 'selected' language is not being respected by the base language dialog .. or the selected language is not being updated.

Malcolm
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you for details. We will try to reproduce and fix this shortly.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This seems to be fixed in V 6.0.1.57 (and maybe before) :)