TsiLang changing font property

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
ix07

TsiLang changing font property

Post by ix07 »

Hi.

I want my application to use a consistent font for all forms, however TSiLang makes that difficult for me. Whenever I import translation data it touches or changes the font property of controls in the forms/frames and that also changes the "ParentFont" property to "false". Is there any way to keep TSiLang from touching the font of controls/forms/frames?

Thanks

Best Regards
Eike Petersen
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

1. Open Translation Editor.
2. Go to menu Tools | Setttings
3. Click to deactivate "Auto-set default Fonts and Charsets"
After this Translation Editor won't automatically insert values for Fonts and Charsets for languages defined in Default Fonts.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
ix07

Post by ix07 »

Are you sure that will help? Please note that I import translations via the "TSiLang Expert" from the "Tools"-menu. Within the expert I use the menu "File/Load translation" and then "Load project" or "Load language for project". I can`t find such an option in the expert, and I don`t see any property at the TSiLang-components which would store such setting, so I assume this is a "Translation editor" setting which only is valid for the editing session?

Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

If you load translations from external file than fonts will be changed only if your external file contains Fonts data, so when loading TsiLang changes this property. When control's Font property differs from its parent font the ParentFont property automatically changes to False. So just clear Fonts and Charsets in your external file using SIL Editor and this should resolve the problem. Or setup Fonts and Charset settings there the same as you have in your sources.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
ix07

Post by ix07 »

Hi.

Unfortunately this is still not resolved for me. Tsilang frequently touches the font property which is very annoying, especially when designing a GUI which is high dpi capable. Couldn't you implement a property "dont change fonts" or "Use Parent Font" on the tsilang component? It frequently happens that i open a tsilang component in the designer and after changing a text all fonts are changed in the form/frame. After that on all components the "ParentFont" property is set to "False" and I have to check all my controls. Very annoying!

Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
It just looks like you still have "Auto use Default Fonts" option activated.

1. Open Translation Editor (double-click on TsiLang).
2. Go to menu Tools | Setttings
3. Click to deactivate "Auto-set default Fonts and Charsets"
After this Translation Editor won't automatically insert values for Fonts and Charsets for languages defined in Default Fonts.

Additionally, you can just exclude the Fonts from translations at all:
1. Select TsiLang.
2. Double-click ExcludedProps property in object inspector.
3. Select form in the tree and then double-click on Font property in Available Properties list.
This will empty Fonts and Charsets lists in TsiLang and TsiLang will never touch Font property for any component on this form.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
ix07

Post by ix07 »

Using ExcludedProps sounds like a good idea. I will try that. Thanks!