Extended translations loading/displaying as questions marks.

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Thrillhouse

Extended translations loading/displaying as questions marks.

Post by Thrillhouse »

Hello.

I have an issue in which Japanese characters in extended translations are loading and displaying as question marks. If there are English letters mixed in, the English displays fine, but the Japanese characters continue to be question marks.

This happens when loading the sil file into the project DFMs, and when running the application, which loads translations direct from the sil file.

The sil file has UTF8 encoding, and the silang/silanglinked components all have StoreAsUTF8 turned on. I have tried setting the extended translations to have both a Japanese font and SHIFTJUST_CHARSET, but these have made no difference.

The application overall is fine displaying Japanese characters. It's just any Japanese characters from extended translations.

Can you suggest any solutions to this issue?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please provide a little bit more info? What IDE version do you use? Could you please send us a sample file that reproduces the problem and we will investigate this on our side?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

I'm using RAD Studio 2010, programming in C++.

I'll hopefully find some time to put together a sample program soon.