Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Jean-Paul Brassard

Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28

Post by Jean-Paul Brassard »

With SilEditor 5.2.0.28, if I export a SIL to a SIB file, the Extended section is lost. The components position or size does not adjust after that.

With previous version 5.1.0.13 of SilEditor, that bug does not exist. The export to SIB keeps the extended section.

I tried to uninstall SilEditor to reinstall previous version, but this does not work, I still have the newer bugged version.
Jean-Paul Brassard
Quebec, Canada
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Jean-Paul,
Please see my reply to your email.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Jean-Paul Brassard

Re: Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28

Jean-Paul Brassard wrote:I tried to uninstall SilEditor to reinstall previous version, but this does not work, I still have the newer bugged version.
OK, I succeded to revert to previous version of SilEditor.

I first uninstall the full TsiLang package, then SilEditor and DictManager.

After that, I installed a previous version of TsiLang package, which put back the previous version of SilEditor.
Jean-Paul Brassard
Quebec, Canada
Jean-Paul Brassard

Re: Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28

Jean-Paul Brassard wrote:With SilEditor 5.2.0.28, if I export a SIL to a SIB file, the Extended section is lost. The components position or size does not adjust after that.

With previous version 5.1.0.13 of SilEditor, that bug does not exist. The export to SIB keeps the extended section.
Hi Igor,
Do you get an idea of what cause this problem?
Have a look to the demo program I sent you by email (August 11th) to illustrate the lost of Extended section when version 5.2.0.28 does an export from SIL to SIB.
Jean-Paul Brassard
Quebec, Canada
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Jean-Paul,

Yes, thank to your files we were able to reproduce the problem and working on it these days.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

There is a new build of SIL Editor available on our web site which fixes this problem.
Thank you again for reporting it.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Jean-Paul Brassard

Thanks
Jean-Paul Brassard
Quebec, Canada