SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean-Paul Brassard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28 Reply with quote

With SilEditor 5.2.0.28, if I export a SIL to a SIB file, the Extended section is lost. The components position or size does not adjust after that.

With previous version 5.1.0.13 of SilEditor, that bug does not exist. The export to SIB keeps the extended section.

I tried to uninstall SilEditor to reinstall previous version, but this does not work, I still have the newer bugged version.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jean-Paul,
Please see my reply to your email.
Thank you.
Jean-Paul Brassard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28 Reply with quote

Jean-Paul Brassard wrote:
I tried to uninstall SilEditor to reinstall previous version, but this does not work, I still have the newer bugged version.

OK, I succeded to revert to previous version of SilEditor.

I first uninstall the full TsiLang package, then SilEditor and DictManager.

After that, I installed a previous version of TsiLang package, which put back the previous version of SilEditor.
Jean-Paul Brassard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Regression in SilEditor 5.2.0.28 Reply with quote

Jean-Paul Brassard wrote:
With SilEditor 5.2.0.28, if I export a SIL to a SIB file, the Extended section is lost. The components position or size does not adjust after that.

With previous version 5.1.0.13 of SilEditor, that bug does not exist. The export to SIB keeps the extended section.

Hi Igor,
Do you get an idea of what cause this problem?
Have a look to the demo program I sent you by email (August 11th) to illustrate the lost of Extended section when version 5.2.0.28 does an export from SIL to SIB.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jean-Paul,

Yes, thank to your files we were able to reproduce the problem and working on it these days.
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new build of SIL Editor available on our web site which fixes this problem.
Thank you again for reporting it.
Jean-Paul Brassard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: