6.5.1 does not resolve far eastern characters in UTF8 sib

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
junior

6.5.1 does not resolve far eastern characters in UTF8 sib

Post by junior »

Hi Igor,

Good day, I have sent you several mails regarding this issue without any reply from you yet, did you receive my mail with attached sample project illustrating the problem?

Additional info:

1. I found that if I convert my SIL file into UTF8 and then export it to SIB file, this time the SILEditor can read the content properly, previous version SILEditor could not. So I think 6.5.1 has solved the SILEditor issue.

2. Anyhow, my sample application still cannot read the translations inside the same SIB under Chinese PRC locale, it can read it properly under English (US) locale.

3. If I switched to Japanese locale, the button can read the translation, but not the form caption.

Any idea?

p.s This issue has been unresolved for more than 6 months, my clients have been running out of patience, is it possible to look into the issue asap?

Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Junior,

No, we didn't receive your email with sample project during last several days. So may be it was lost somewhere, please re-send it. Anyway, to your problem, are you sure you have installed the 6.5.1 files and re-build your project? Not only new version of SIL Editor but the source files as well. Because this issue was fixed in this release.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
junior

Post by junior »

isiticov wrote:Hi Junior,

No, we didn't receive your email with sample project during last several days. So may be it was lost somewhere, please re-send it. Anyway, to your problem, are you sure you have installed the 6.5.1 files and re-build your project? Not only new version of SIL Editor but the source files as well. Because this issue was fixed in this release.
Hi Igor,

May I know what do you mean with "are you sure you have installed the 6.5.1 files and re-build your project"? My steps:

1. downloaded latest 6.5.1 from your site
2. reinstalled, and prompted to uninstall previous version first, so I uninstalled all previous versions and proceed with reinstallation
3. I checked Delphi Library Path, following were included already:
a. Units
b. Units\Auxilary
c. Units\Packages
d. Units\CRS 2009
4. Hit Project->Build

Am I missing any important steps?

Additionally, how could I send you my sample project again since your mailbox can't accept my mail and there was no bouncing back.

Thanks.[/list]