SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access Violation in Export to SIB File from SIL 5.1.0.24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mclosson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Access Violation in Export to SIB File from SIL 5.1.0.24 Reply with quote

Hello, I have an SIL file which I'm trying to export to an SIB file. The SIL will open in the SIL Editor 5.1.0.24. (Component Suite 6.5) It does contain UTF-8 characters and UTF-8 encoding is set to true.

I recieve the following error while doing this:

Can't write to myfile.sib!
Error: Access violation at address 004C5937 in module 'SILEditor.exe'.
Read of address 0000001C
Step: 6

I have tried to eliminate extraneous factors such as the environment, write permissions, file ownership etc. I'm wondering if you could give me more insight to this error and the (Step 6) part? Maybe there is a specific part of the file I should check more thoroughly for errors? At first glance it seems okay but the SIL file is approx 35,000 lines so I may be missing something.

Any help or insight is appreciated. This is also on Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit running as an administrative user.

Thanks,

-Matt-
mclosson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there is an SIB file output but I'm not sure if it may be missing strings or sections or if it should be considered safe to work with. Maybe you could tell me how far it got based on the error and information provided of reaching "Step 6".

Thanks,

-Matt-
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It looks like there is something specific in your SIL file. Could you please send it to us for testing?
mclosson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor assisted to find my problem it was a malformatting in two lines of my SIL file that did not begin with TFormName.ComponentName, they were missing the form name.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: