Unicode problems with TsiLang

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
primarypower

Unicode problems with TsiLang

Post by primarypower »

Hi,

I already sent this to your support email, but got no answer, kind dissapointing...

I have a problem with exporting unicode characters to SIL file. I use a lot of datamodules, and on datamodules there is no option for charset.

I´m using D2009 and StoreAsUTF8 set to TRUE (Because if I save even SIB file from the TsiLang Expert using StoreAsUTF8 set to FALSE, the SIB will be broken and all korean characters will be like "????")

The problem is when you export to SIL file from the SIL editor, as you can see the SIL editor says that my SIB is already UTF-8, thats great, but when you export to SIL and load it again, it will be broken on the editor, but I think I know what happened, when you export to SIL, your editor is forgetting to save the IsUTF8File=1. If I open the SIL file on Notepad for example, I will see all the korean characters correctly, but there is no IsUTF8File on the SIL file (When exporting from an UTF-8 SIB file). If I open the SIL file on notepad, insert the IsUTF8File to it and load it again on the SIL editor, it will loose some captions (Because notepad will insert the BOM at the beggining of the file), but in other sections the korean characters are loaded correctly.

I think that this is a bug on the exporting, because when you export from an UTF-8 SIB file to SIL file, this SIL file should be UTF-8 right? So, you must write IsUTF8File to it when you export right?

Please, check if this is a bug, if it is, can you fix it in a short time? We need to continue translating our software and this problem is slowing us down
Last edited by primarypower on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

We've received your email and will try to fix this issue shorlty. Hopefully next week there will be a new update.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
primarypower

Post by primarypower »

Hum, ok, nice

It will be a public update like 6.4.2 or you are going to send me the fix?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

I think this will be a public update for at least SIL Editor.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.