about sib file size

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
zero

about sib file size

Post by zero »

Hello supporter

I've got a problem. There are english, simplified chinese, traiditonal chinese, japanese and italian in my project.

when save translation as sib file from BCB2009, it's file size is 172KB, then double click any box, and don't change anything, just save the file, now the file size will shrink (it's size is 105KB).

if I merge the file by SIL Editor command line , the file size is (103KB).

And only the file(172KB) will be work finely in different OS.

Can you help, what is worng? I intend to use command line to generate sib file. (my SIL Editor version is 6.4)
zero

why no body help me?

Post by zero »

選取開機設備, CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET
启动设备选项, GB2312_CHARSET
起動デバイスの設定 SHIFTJIS_CHARSET

these strings save as sib from SIL Editor is worng,
save as sib from bcb is right
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Did you receieve my message in PM?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Ian Hall

Post by Ian Hall »

Hi Igor,

I see the same thing. Is there a fix?

Regards

Ian
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Ian,

This was a pretty old issue and I beleive it was fixed quite some time ago.
So if you woud use the latest version from our web site you shoudn't see such behavior.

P.S. Sorry for the delay with forum activation.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Ian Hall

Post by Ian Hall »

Hi Igor,

I am using v5.1.0.24, which I believe is the latest version.

Saving my SIB file from the D2010 IDE gives a file size of 200kb. Opening the file in the Tsilang Files Editor, and saving to a different file name creates a file of 117kb.

BeyondCompare shows that the original file contains the english text in Unicode strings, but the copy contains ASCII strings. The original file contains the text stCaptions_Unicode (2 bytes per char), and the copy contains stCaptions (one byte per char).

The only language I am currently supporting is Chinese, which is working well, but I need to allow users to edit the text for themselves, using your editor.

No worries on the delay in activating the account - stuff happens ;-)

Regards

Ian
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi Ian,

This is not a problem. This chage is caused by the fact that SIL Editor is built under Delphi 7 and as result it creates "Ansi" SIB files, but Delphi 2010 produces Unicode SIB files. You shouldn't loss any details as TsiLang internally will handle such cases.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.