Save project in unicode

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Phoner

Save project in unicode

Post by Phoner »

My project supports some languages at the moment. Until now I could save the project to a SIL file and someone external could do an translation.
Now I have an additional language: Russian
I can load the SIL file and the application shows Cyrillic letters for Russian language. But when saving the project, all Cyrillic letters are gone and and question marks (?) are visible. Therefore I can't save and load the project (SIL file) anymore. I checked the same with binary files (SIB), but the same problem occurs.
The SIL file should be saved in Unicode (UTF-8) and not in ANSI. How can I achieve this?

I am using version 6.3.1.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

This will be fixed in forthcoming version 6.4. Thank you for reporting this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Phoner

Post by Phoner »

Do you have a time schedule for that new version?
Thanks in advance!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

If nothing happens it shall be released in couple of days.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Phoner

Post by Phoner »

OK, I installed version 6.4 now. But I still have the same problem. I can use the IDE integrated "TsiLang Expert" and see all my supported languages, including Russian with Cyrillic letters.
But I am not able to save the project to a sil file without destroying the Russian language. Opening the saved sil file with SilEditor the Russian language only contains question marks - no Cyrillic letters anymore.
Do I have to save the project in a different way?

If I save the project into a sib file, it seems to work! Do I need to set the StoreAsUTF8 property now?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

No, StoreAsUTF8 does nothing under Delphi 2009 as it already stores all the strings as UTF8.
Do you have Russian_Charset defined for Russian language in TsiLang's Charsets section?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Phoner

Post by Phoner »

It was DEFAULT_CHARSET. I changed it to RUSSIAN_CHARSET and it works now. I can save to SIL file too now.
Thanks a lot.

If I understand you right, I shouldn't set StoreAsUTF8 using Delphi 2009?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, if you use only Delphi 2009 then you can ignore this property and leave it False as default.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.