SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resource string tables lose their locale on save

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NSanderson



Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Resource string tables lose their locale on save Reply with quote

Hi Igor,

I've noticed a problem with Resource Builder when modifying an existing .rc file.

If you add a new string table, set the locale (e.g. czech) and then save the file the locale resets to Neutral.

This is more of a problem with 2 or more string tables as if you add a new string to each one and save the file, both get set to neutral and you potentially lose one of the tables as they are both viewed to be the language neutral one.

Can this be checked please?

Many thanks,

Neil Sanderson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2097

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

We've tested this and unfortunately unable to reproduce this.
Are you able to reproduce this with the following steps:
1. Create new RC file in Resource Builder.
2. Add string table with some locale.
3. Add some string to it.
4. Save the RC file.
5. Re-open it in Resource Builder and add new String Table with another locale.
6. Add strings to it.
7. Save the file.
8. Re-open it.

If these steps are incorrect please post your steps.

May be the problem is specific to some RC file?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NSanderson



Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Resource string tables lose their locale on save Reply with quote

Hi Igor,

The steps are as follows:

1. Load a .rc file (which is normally used in Visual C++ 6.0)
2. Change text in one of the string tables.
3. Press the save button.
At this point, Resource Builder saves the change BUT reports that the Locale setting of the string table has changed to the neutral ($0000) one even though it was set to English (US), English (UK) or Czech.

If you edit both string tables in the file I am using (one English and one Czech) and press save they both report as being Neutral ($0000) and you lose one of the string tables entirely!
Fortunately, I had a version under source control that had only a few omissions that I'd tried to add!

If you want, I can forward on the .rc resource file to see if you can find out why it does this?

Thanks,

Neil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2097

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

Please send us the sample RC file to reproduce.

Thanks!

P.S. It would be great if you send it ASAP as we're finishing the updated version now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2097

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

Already found the steps to reproduce. The problem was reproduced with "Edit As Text" function.
Just released 3.0.2.22 includes this fixed as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> Resource Builder All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by p h p B B  © 2001, 2005 p h p B B  Group