Dictionary Issue - Unable to add 1 row

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Charles Bujold

Dictionary Issue - Unable to add 1 row

Post by Charles Bujold »

We have the latest SILEditor and we have two languages (english which is the base language and French the translated language). If I go to the SIL editor and select "Add all rows to dictionary" it works, But if I chose a row (cursor is on the english row) and press "Add Selected Row to Dictionary"nothing is transfered to the dictionary. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

When the dialogue box opens I choose English as base language and English as the language in the dictionary for the settings.

My question is how do I make this option work? I don't want to transfer everything since some items I do not want to translate.

Your help would be appreciated....

Thanks
Charles
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello Charles,

"Add selected row to Dictionary" works when there are exist translations for other languages too. In short: add to dictionary adds the translations of the base language. So if there is only English terms in a row then there is nothing to add to the Dictionary. When you use Add All it adds all items where the at least one translation of a base language exists in a row.

P.S. Did you receive our email?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Charles Bujold

Post by Charles Bujold »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Got the notification but not your e-mail
Charles
Charles Bujold

Post by Charles Bujold »

Thanks for the information, tried it and it works.

However It would be nice that future versions have the ability to add the items that do not have a translation of the target language into the dictionary.

The way I'm trying to use the product is that I want to copy the items not translanted into the dictionary ( same term is used multiple times in the application, also some terms I do not want to translate) and then translate the dictionary. Once the dictionary is translated then I can use it to translate the program doing less work and I'm able to translate more than one program using that dictionary.

It would be nice to be able to pick multiple rows to transfer to the dictionary as well as transfer only one row.

A sugestion for the next update.

Charles
Charles
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Charles Bujold wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Got the notification but not your e-mail
Then please check your spam filters. As we sent you reply to your feedback report.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.