Problem Installing TSILANG c++ Builder 2007

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
jack

Problem Installing TSILANG c++ Builder 2007

Post by jack »

Hi Users,
I'm triing to use Tsilang DCU components in C++ 2007 builder R2.
Vista SP1 is my OS.
I installed correctly the registered component with my registration code (after deinstalling the demo version) but a message box pop up is continuosly showing:

This shareware version of tsilang works only under delphi and c++ builder, order it now?

I found other people having similar problem in the forum but not a solution for my own case. I also tried to deinstall and reinstall the component ( discovering a number of Tsilang traces in the system registry).
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
jack
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Please be sure the following:
1. You completely uninstall TsiLang trial version before installing registered one. Also please check no files of trial version left on your drive after uninstall completed.
2. After installing registered version you did full re-build of your project. C++Builder sometimes uses "cashed" OBJs.

Please let us know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jack

Post by jack »

Hi Igor, thank you very much for your answer.
I tried what you suggest but without success.
I discovered the only way(for me) to make the shareware message disappear is to make a complete installation of the component ( also with delphi units) even if i have only c++ builder. (is it the rigth way)?
So, in this way I have to remove the design time component from the palette due to a conflict with delphi and c++ version.
At least the installation was done and I was able to start the wizard via tsilang expert procedure following the documentation ( tsilang and dispacher in mainform, and linked component in others form).
The process was ok and the tsilanglinked was successfully linked.
So rigth now , I have a very strange errors message from my application when i try to recompile:

[BCC32 Error] app.cpp(49): E2015 Ambiguity between 'TMemIniFile' and 'Inifiles::TMemIniFile'

or

[BCC32 Error] app.cpp(80): E2451 Undefined symbol 'exception'

in the line

Application->ShowException(&exception);

This ealry errors comes up in the vcl application entry point
WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR c, int n).

Before adding tsilang component (or removing it) the compiling is ok.

Have you other indications to put me in the rigth way?
Thank you for your patient and attention.
jack
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It looks like you have included both IniFiles (VCL) and MemIni (TsiLang) units into one header file. They both includes TMemIniFile class. So if you intend to use TMemIniFile from IniFiles in your code just use Inifiles::TMemIniFile. This will specify which one to use.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jack

Post by jack »

Hi Igor,
thanks a lot for your answer.
everything is ok with Inifiles, right now.

the last error i have is:
[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'TSILANG_DELPHI2007R.LIB'

but I not have this lib and (as said in a previous post) I disabled from component palette the tsilang component suite design time package;
mantaining only the tsilang component suite (vcl edition) to avoid error message between TSILANG_DELPHI2007R.LIB and TSiLang_C2007r.lib from the IDE.
Where have I watch to remove TSILANG_DELPHI2007R.LIB references?

thanks in advance for the answer.
jack
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It could be in the project .cbproj file.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jack

Post by jack »

I'm sorry to continuing boring you...
I removed all the reference to _DELPHI2007R.LIB in my project,I
close and restart IDE, clear all the objs, but the linker error remain:

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'TSILANG_DELPHI2007R.LIB'

Probably installing the component only for c++ 2007 would be the solution, but as I said, I must do the complete installation of the component to avoid shareware advice even if I am registered.

do you have, please, some other suggestions?
thanks in advance.
jack
jack

Post by jack »

Hi Igor,
I still have the linker error I described.
I do not know what else try to make the tsilang finally works for my c++ 2007 environment.
Please give me some suggestions.
Regards.
jack
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

This is very strange. What package do you have installed into IDE TsiLang_D2007.bpl or TsiLang_C2007.bpl? You need to have installed TsiLang_C2007.bpl. Also please check that in Project | Options | Packages in Run-time Packages list not listed TsiLang_D2007r.
Also, I send you by email files for C2007 you can try the following:
1. Manually delete all existing units from you drive. Also please check that there are no TsiLangxx.bpl left anywhere, including Windows\System32
2. Unzip files from sent archive
3. Install TsiLang_C2007.bpl into IDE.

P.S. We're finalizing 6.3 release now and it will include SINGLE packages for both Delphi and C++Builder so I hope this problem will never arise more.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jack

Post by jack »

Hi Igor,
disinstalling the component and dept scanning the system I found a remnant file in Windows\systems32, as you supposed.
So, removing it the reinstallation was ok as ok is the recompilation of my application whithout linking error: everything appear fine, rigth now.
Thank you very much for your wonderful product and for your excellent support.
Best Regards.
jack