interview with anita

This forum is designated to discuss SiComponents Scheduling Agent.
ylanchec

interview with anita

Post by ylanchec »

[]
Last edited by ylanchec on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best Regards
-- Yannick --
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you use \\ when passing the ComputerName?
The Demo project includes Target sample action. Does it work on your side?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
ylanchec

Post by ylanchec »

Hello, i havent used '\\computer' but 'computer' only, this last method works without UseTaskScheduler1Only, strange ....

So it works with '\\computer' ...thank you

Igor, another question, if i'm on a vista computer and i want to schedule a task on a remote xp ... so i write

Code: Select all

Scheduler.TargetComputer:='\\xp-computer';
does the RunningVistaOrLater method takes care of the remote OS ?

to write a code that takes cares of the remote OS, what is the better solution ?

Thank you
Best Regards
-- Yannick --
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

No, RunningVistaOrLater doesn't care about remote OS because when dealing with remote PC scheduler all calls are transmitted through the local service to remote.

Here some notes from MSDN:
If you are to connecting to a remote Windows Vista computer from a Windows Vista, you need to allow the Remote Scheduled Tasks Management firewall exception on the remote computer. To allow this exception click Start, Control Panel, Security, Allow a program through Windows Firewall, and then select the Remote Scheduled Tasks Management check box. Then click the Ok button in the Windows Firewall Settings dialog box.

If you are connecting to a remote Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 computer from a Windows Vista computer, you need to allow the File and Printer Sharing firewall exception on the remote computer. To allow this exception click Start, Control Panel, double-click Windows Firewall, select the Exceptions tab, and then select the File and Printer Sharing firewall exception. Then click the OK button in the Windows Firewall dialog box.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.