Slowness to open the form to translate.

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
maurosrs

Slowness to open the form to translate.

Post by maurosrs »

I am working with Delphi 5 and with TsiLang 6.2.2 and my application possesses 224 forms.
When I open a form with few components he works well.
They put when I open form with several components, it takes an immense time some 1 hour.
They put to save the file .SIL of the form doesn't take so much time and slot expresses with SIL Editor.
I wanted to know if I am making something wrong or it is even so that TsiLang works?
I am calling the form for translation starting from TsiLang Expert.
Thankful!

Mauro Rezende.
Brazil
Mauro
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

No, it is unusual time for opening any form. How many components do you have? How long this form gets opening in IDE itself?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
maurosrs

Post by maurosrs »

I have form with 300 components.
For the IDE (Object Inspector) opens each fast item, only delay when I open for TsiLang Expert.
What can be?

Thankful!

Mauro Rezende.
Brazil
Mauro
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

If you save this form to SIB file from TsiLang Expert what file size would be?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
svenheuer

Slowness

Post by svenheuer »

I have the same problem (also reported some time ago). It is very ugly. If I export the file to an sib file and open it with the external editor is goes very fast (to say ad hoc). But in the IDE (or called in the running programm) it tooks on some forms upto 2 minutes. (to use the external editor is currently not an option)

Greetings
Sven Heuer
maurosrs

Post by maurosrs »

Size 500 kb.
Mauro
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

500K for single form is quite big and since TsiLang re-scans the form when you open Translation Editor in IDE this takes so long time. May be you can export it to external SIB; translate using SIL Editor and load it back into form using TsiLang Expert?
Anyway we will try to find a way to speed-up this task.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.