Is it security issue?

This forum is designated to discuss SiComponents Scheduling Agent.
chula

Is it security issue?

Post by chula »

The tasks I created under IDE could not been seen at runtime. But, under IDE the VCL Scheduling Agent could see all tasks no matter created at runtime or under IDE.

I created an local accout with admin rights for creating these tasks.

Any idea please?

VCL Scheduling Agent 1.0.5, BDS2006, Vista Ultimate.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please clarify what do you mean under "can see under IDE"? Do you mean that at design-time you was able to see tasks any how? Or do you mean that while IDE is running VCL Scheduling Agent can see created tasks? If the later then it is limitation of trial version. It works only while Delphi or C++Builder is running.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
chula

Post by chula »

I now have a licensed VCL Sheduling Agent. But before I did install a trial version for evaluation, i.e. try before buy.

Say, when inside BDS2006 IDE designtime, I run my "VCL Sheduling Agent"-enabled program and create 10 tasks.

Then, closed the BDS2006 IDE, run the compiled program which displayed zero tasks. i.e. could not read that tasks created before while under IDE. Then, I created 3 tasks at this moment. Close the program.

Start BDS2006 again, and run the program under IDE again, it showed 13 tasks. i.e. old 10 + new 3 tasks. Then add 2 tasks at this moment.

Close BDS2006, and run the runtime program, it showed only 3 tasks. i.e. the task created last time during runtime.

I wish I didn't explain too clumsy. Thanks!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Did you uninstall trial version before installing registered one? Do you get any error message when running without BDS? It looks like you either use trial DCUs or this is somekind of user access rights issue under Vista.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
chula

Post by chula »

Found the reason. You are right, it was due to the security issue of Vista.

On my Vista I kept the UAC (User Account Control) effective. Hence, for convenience, I ran my DBS2006 with Admin privilege. Therefore, my program running under IDE also has Admin privilege.

This is why my runtime program could not see the tasks that created under IDE. When I ran the runtime program with Admin privilege (right-click and run as administrator), it showed all tasks now.

:D Thanks for help. :D