Dictionary manager automation

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pupkinzon

Dictionary manager automation

Post by pupkinzon »

I'm trying to automate dictionary manager using C++ COM wrappers. While it allows creation of the new ditionary file, adding\removing languages, query language names like GetLanguageNames, it fails on certain calls to interface methods, for instance,
any attempt to call IndexOfLang or AddTranslation methods result in HRESULT = C0000005 error.
I use SiComponents ver. 6.2, SilEditor says SiComponents suite ver. is 6.2.2, but Dictionary manager says SiComponents suite 6.1, ver. 2.3.0.1
Dicitonary automation wrappers were generated and used in Borland C++ Builder 6 SP4.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

First at all, please download and use the latest version of Dictionary Manager (app. version 2.3.2.6 product version 6.2.2).
In the recent version there were changes in some methods of Dcitionary Manager. AddTranslation() chanfed to:

Code: Select all

function AddTranslation(const BaseLang, ActLang, BaseItem,
      ActItem: WideString; CaseSensitive,
      SkipAmresand: WordBool): WordBool; safecall;
as you can see 2 new paramteres added.
IndexOfLang wasn't changed so it must work just fine.
Please let us know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
pupkinzon

Post by pupkinzon »

As far as I can see from CB6 generated wrappers, AddTranslation prototype corresponds to one that you described. So, it seems that suite version reported in dictionary manager "About" is wrong somehow.
What is more interesting, wrappers generated with MS VC #import directive are working fine. So, the problem may be related to outdated CB6.

OK, the CB6 WideString class has bug which occured in certain conditions and affected interface mwthod calls. It has nothing to do with your automation interface. The topic may be closed. Thank you for quick response.
pupkinzon

Post by pupkinzon »

Where can I find docs covering automation interface parameters? So far, I would like to know what means bool value returned from AddTranslation call, because I cannot figure it out... Translations get added to dictionary all right, while return value is VARIANT_FALSE.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

There is error in return value for this method. It always return FALSE. Sorry.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.